Staying Cool for The Summer
Spending time outdoors is one of the best ways to enjoy the summer, especially with our furry companions. However, this summer has already proven it’s going to be a hot one, which isn’t always the best for our four-legged friends. Here are some tips and precautions to take while enjoying these sunny days!
- Provide plenty of fresh, clean water when spending time outdoors. Check out Pet Globe’s Portable Water Dispensing Bottle for when you’re on the go!
- Make sure your pets are spending time in the shade, and be aware of how much they are exercising while outside in the heat.
- Never leave your pet alone in a parked vehicle.; according to the ASPCA, a car’s interior temperature can reach 102 degrees within 10 minutes!
- Do not shave your dog for the summer; your dogs coat protects them form overheating and sunburn! However if you find it necessary, you can trim your pet’s longer hair.
- Regularly check your dog for ticks and visit the vet for an early-summer checkup, especially if they aren’t on heart-worm medication.
- Know the symptoms of dehydration and over-heating in pets: sunken eyes, poor skin elasticity, panting that involves fast and noisy breathing sounds, collapsing, vomiting, or diarrhea. If left untreated, these conditions can quickly become serious; The Canine Health Foundation recommends that you bring your pet to the vet right away, and in cases of overheating, wet your furry friend with cool water before bringing them to the vet!
For the days you want to head to the beach and let your dog cool off in the water, make sure they head off with Pet Globes Waterproof GPS Tracker with Vibrating Alarm! This handy tracker allows you to set a perimeter for your dog to explore, and provides real time tracking incase you lose site of your pet.
If you find that your dog loves to spend time in the sun, Pet Globes 2018 Colorful Summer Hats may just be the accessory they need. A variety of colours and styles for all dogs are available - snatch one up to keep your dog cool for the summer!